Beautifully shaped eyebrows with a nice arch are an important part of a polished look. When done well, eyebrow shaping calls attention to your eyes, frames them, and makes them appear more open.
- • It’s easy to make mistakes when you do it yourself. The most common mistake is over-tweezing into a thin, high, rounded eyebrow that gives your face a permanently surprised look.
- • Another common mistake of do-it-yourselfers is creating an unflattering fish-hook shape where the thickest part of the brow gets much thinner abruptly. For people with thin, blonde eyebrows, it’s easy to take too much off the sides so the brow seems to disappear.
Don’t have your brows tweezed for free at make-up counters. The people there are make-up artists, not brow experts. They tend to make the same mistakes that people do at home.
Don’t get your brows waxed at a resort spa or with anyone whose work you haven’t seen. You don’t know how often they do it, and could end up with a disaster — badly shaped or over waxed brows that don’t grow back easily.
Find an eyebrow designer who specializes in eyebrows. A good eyebrow designer will create a brow shape that is right for your face shape and the kind of eyebrow you have to work with — light, medium or full. You can also ask someone whose brows you admire who shapes their brows. http://on.fb.me/wYvIky
Build a monthly visit to the eyebrow designer into your beauty budget, just like haircuts, color, and manicures and pedicures. It will cost anywhere from $30 for smaller cities to $120 for a celebrity eyebrow designer.
Don’t get your eyebrows waxed if you’re using a product like Accutane or Retin-A. It can take off the outer layer of skin.
Check out products that can help thin brows look fuller. Lorraine has a brow filler to fill in bare spots, and a brow shaper that looks like clear mascara and holds the full, defined brow in place. http://bit.ly/zLOzNL
Finding the Right SHAPE for your face! This can be tricky…
• If you have a round face, a high-arched, angular brow will make your face look thinner.
• Conversely, if you have a long face, a more horizontal eyebrow with an arch that is further out towards your hair line will make your face appear fuller.
• A heart-shaped or square face is balanced out by round eyebrows.
• To minimize a large nose, aim for highly arched, dark or thick eyebrows.
• Eyes will look larger with thin, angled brows.
• Rounder brows will soften a sharp or pointy chin.
• Large eyes are more proportional with thicker, dark colored brows.
• If you wear glasses, pick a pair that matches the shape of your brow, instead attempting to make your brow match the frames.
3 Simple Rules… Ideal Eyebrow Shape
The perfect eyebrow shape already in place for this drawing, showing the three lines being used in her design. Notice when someone shapes the brows correctly, the eyes are framed nicely. If the first thing you notice on someone is their eyebrows, then they’re not the right shape.
Use Your Brows to Lift Eyebrow shape can do wonders for mature women. A Higher arch gives her face an overall “lift”, while still looking stylish. But don’t start going crazy when tweezing your brows the higher the arch doesn’t mean more years are taken away.
Eyebrow Tinting Older women’s brows often tend to get gray too. So instead of using regular hair color, choose special eyebrow dye! Also Great for lashes http://bit.ly/xp9X6Q (lash tinting!) Ranges anywhere from $30-40 and lasts up to 3-4 weeks.
The Girl Next Door Clean up Small eyebrows with larger features don’t mesh well. Your face shows you can still have full brows that don’t look overgrown.
All Dolled Up Show off your beautiful eyebrow shape! Women that have lighter, smaller brows tend to get lost when they’re all made up. Add some definition and enhance the color to show off their fabulous shape, and frame your eyes!
Straight Brows Simple Yet Elegant Just because your eyebrow shape is straight doesn’t mean it has to be boring. You have to work with what you have, as this model probably was born with naturally ‘straight’ brows. So instead of working against what she has and trying to get a lot of shape, a simple arch with definition frames her face.
Good Luck… -Lorraine (Aesthetician)
Beauty Bird Lounge